Friday, November 27, 2009

N filadin be min? Sofie, where are you??

Happy Birthday Sof-a-lof.

Yesterday I turned 23, approximately 5 hours and 10 minutes before my lovely twin sister, Sofie, did.  Ha ha. Ha. Now don't get down on me for rubbing it in her face -- she got to spend her day in the stupidly gorgeous mountains of Baños, Ecuador, eating three different Thanksgiving/birthday meals and being generally awesome. What a jerk. My Malian Thanksgiving/birthday was infinitely better, if only because it happened first.

Okay, fine...maybe not better.


Age 20: my first birthday without Sofie.

I used to tell her that the first ten minutes of my life were the best ten minutes of my life, because I didn't have to share them with her (yes, she cried); but after living those 1,440 minutes of birthday yesterday without her, I swear I take it all back. Sofie, I love you. Happy birthday.









Age 23: my first birthday without Sofie OR candles.
But, I did have my first apple in ten weeks! Glorious.

(Sorry Lewis, I jinxed it!)

Just don't know what to get me for my birthday??? Well, if a huge shipment of Luna Bars and chocolate isn't in the cards, how about donating $10 to MHOP's Global Giving Campaign. All donations will be matched by 50%, and we have four more days to raise the most funds from the most individual donors, winning us a $10,000 bonus!

2 comments:

  1. Ecuador is one of the most beautiful countries in South America. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is cute :-) Happy belated birthday Alex.

    ReplyDelete